Thursday, June 26, 2008

Still Alive

I know I haven't posted for a few days.  I am still alive (David too).  We've just been tired.  We have continued the getting up in the early morning and walking for 30 minutes.  We are eating smart, cooking a lot, and finding ourselves exhausted at the end of the day.  I think the changes have been good, I've noticed I have more energy during the work day, and I'm feeling less blechy after eating.  The best part, I think as I am starting to get used to the idea of getting early, I am sleeping better at night.  I know the weight is not going to come off fast (and I have to keep reminding myself of that), so I'm going to try to judge things on more than just that.  Feeling better, having more energy and sleeping better make me just has happy as dropping a size or some pounds.  I'm so proud of my David.  He's been such a fantastic support.  He's been doing the cooking, shopping and being the best moral support I could ask for.  Thanks sweetie, I'm looking forward to more years with you!

~Emily

1 comment:

David said...

It has been a surprising week. I thought it would be hell on Earth for us, but, to my utter amazement, it has not been so. I don't feel I'm missing out on anything except for maybe some sleep. Sadly, my allergies are the worst they can be right now, so that has had an impact on my sleep, but other than that, I feel pretty good.

Emily, too, has been a wonderful partner. She gets up without complaint, walks for thirty minutes on very sore feet, and she's been a whirling clean-up dervish in the kitchen. Anything is possible with such good support and I feel blessed.