Sunday, June 8, 2008

Ever So Happy To Be Home!

We are home safe and sound.  We had a really pretty drive home-the weather cooperated with us and let us see all the various mountains on our drive back.  We arrived home to a very happy to see us cat.  She scolded us pretty good with a series of very sad, mournful meows but we made up in no time.  I think she'll be happy to get back into our normal routine (even though David and I will be bummed about the return to work).

My David is the bestest David in the world.  He came and suffered through this weekend with me.  It was really nice to have him there, he was a support I very much needed even though it may not have seemed that way.  I don't think I could have handled/survived the weekend without him and I very much appreciate that he gave up his time to come be with/near me.  I'll figure out a way to make it up to him I am sure.

So here it is, Sunday night and I don't want to go to bed because it means Monday morning will arrive.  I like to do what ever I can to delay/postpone the inevitable, but I realize it is still going to happen.  I should try to go to bed at a decent time, but I am stubborn and I am going to stay up and watch The Soprano's.   

Hopefully tomorrow will not be too painful. 

~Emily 

2 comments:

David said...

Well, I owned Emily big time. She spent something like 16, 3-day weekends down in Grant's Pass with me, holed up in a dingy hotel room all by herself, while I learned how to make violins. I got to do some sightseeing, snap some photos, and spend some quality time with my MacBook (when Emily was stuck in her meetings).

It is good to be home again. There's nothing like one's own bed (and, hehe, one's one bathroom). :)

Emily said...

You know I don't "keep score." I went because I wanted to be with you, and support you. I hope you came this weekend for the same reasons, not because I guilted you into it. It really was a huge comfort to have you there. <3

And it is NOTHING like our own bed and toilets ;)