Wednesday, June 11, 2008

How I Know I Will Never Be A Vegetarian

Today I reflecting on me, who I am, and what makes me, well, me.  I remembered a paper I had to write back in grade school (3rd or 4th grade).  The assignment was to essentially write a little biography.  I mentioned my parents, probably my sisters, and maybe the cat.  The only other thing I said was, "I like meat."

That is still true today.  My favorite meal (some of which I had tonight thanks to my David) is steak, some kind of potato and artichokes.  This, of course, should be washed down with a nice dark beer.  I could not imagine not eating meat, or meat products (yes even the occasional hot dog-if you consider that a meat product).

There is certainly more to me than my love of meat.  It was just funny to remember that of all the things I could have said I liked (the color green, cats, my little ponies) I picked meat.  I guess I was a strange little fishie right from the start.

~Emily

No comments: