Sunday, May 25, 2008

Today part 2 (Emily's View)

After an okay cup of coffee and a chocolate muffin that did not deserve to have the name of chocolate muffin, we headed to the family farm.  We had about a two hour drive, which really wasn't bad.  It was nice to see some of the state without having to drive across the state (as I am used to doing with my parents).  We arrived at the farm just in time to say hello to everyone before we sat down to eat.  It was good food, and good company.  We got to visit with most of my cousins (sadly not everyone could make it).   We spent the day just catching up, talking about what we have been up to and what they have been up to.  Later in the day my uncle fired up one of the old tractors and took us all on a hay ride.  This was my first hay ride, and it was a blast!  Then, the skies darkened, the winds suddenly picked up, and we found ourselves being directed to the basement.  It was just a storm warning, but it was something we aren't used to having in Oregon.  We had a good day, we had an adventure, and we made it back safe to Omaha.  Now I'm waiting for a sandwich to arrive.  :)  More to come, my brain is tired.

~Emily

No comments: