Friday, May 9, 2008

Silence! I'll kill you!

I'm sure I was probably that last person on this good Earth to see this, but never mind that. I have to post about my new favorite character: Achmed the Dead Terrorist. For those of you out there who might actually live more sheltered lives than my own, Achmed (the Dead Terrorist) is a puppet controlled by ventriloquist Jeff Dunham. You will find a great sketch on YouTube here. This is damned funny stuff. His other characters are a hoot as well.

My favorite parts are right in the beginning, where Achmed shouts at the audience: "Silence! I'll kill you;" rising in pitch each time. I was in tears the first time I saw it. I also liked the part where Achmed was asking if the audience were his promised virgins [for having blown himself up as a suicide bomber] and that he hoped not because there were a lot of ugly-ass guys out there. Jeff asks: "Well did they say they'd only be female virgins?" Achmed replies "Holy crap!"

Reminds me of a good joke. Knock knock! (Who's there?) Me! I'll kill you!

~David

No comments: