Monday, March 30, 2009

Fun Weekend

I am fighting a headache this morning, and a good way to do so seemed like blogging.  Let us see if that does the trick.

Saturday night we had dinner with Michael and Pamela's house.  Ben and Sara were part of the merry party.  This was our first time at their house, and they have a very warm and cozy place.  We met the Sam, the bunny.  He is the softest, cutest bunny I have ever seen!  Dinner was wonderful, as was the strawberry shortcake after.  After dinner we played Catchphrase.  I felt bad because Pamela asked us all if we wanted to play a game, and I think the room went completely quiet.  I don't know what my adversio to games is, I guess I hate being the center of attention at any point for any reason.  I don't think I'm worried about making a fool of myself, I'm pretty good at doing that without the help of a game.  At any rate, we were talked into Catchphrase, and I have to say I'm so glad we did!  For those of you who don't know what Catchphrase is, it is a game where have a phrase you need to get your team to guess, but you can't use any of the words etc.  So we split into two teams (boys vs. girls) and started passing the beeping electronic phrase giver.  That timer ticks fast, and some of the phrases were pretty hard to figure out.  Some of them ended up being pretty hilarious!  There was "Trigger Happy," "Fish or Cut Bait," and "Pull My Finger."  I can't even begin to describe how those were depicted, but you'll have to take my word for it that we were laughing so hard there were tears involved.  David and I had a blast, and are looking forward to the next dinner date!

~Emily

No comments: