Sunday, July 6, 2008

Two Weeks

Emily and I have survived two whole weeks of living our new lifestyle. I won't call it a diet, because it really isn't; it's a new beginning, with a new outlook on diet, exercise, and life.

When we began this new odyssey, I said that we'd enjoy a nice meal together at the end of every two week period. This week, we enjoyed a fourth of July feast: we had turkey dogs and potato salad for lunch, and a cheese burger and more potato salad for dinner. We went out to get a small Blizzard from DQ, but we only ate half of it--it just didn't go down well. I'd call that a breakthrough.

I'm still tired. Getting up at 5:30a every morning to walk for thirty minutes really wears me out, but it's getting easier. I hope that a month (or so) from now it will just be totally routine and I'll be used to it.

I'm very proud of my Emily. She's doing great and continues to be the best partner a man could ask for.

Peace.

~David

1 comment:

Emily said...

I couldn't do it without you either sweetie! I'm looking forward to more time with you and doing all kinds of wild and crazy things.

However, no more DQ blizzards. Blech. :(