Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Week 3

Another week has come and gone.  Most days it feels like it's getting easier.  There are still some tough moments.  It's hard because you want to see results right away, you want that valadation for all the changes you have made.  But that is just not how it works.  The changes are happening. Clothes are fitting differently (better) and I am seeing changes in David.  I believe I'm seeing a difference in my face, but it's hard to tell sometimes because I see myself in the mirror every day.  I am noticing that the walking is getting easier.  My feet are learning that I'm not letting them win.  I think in a few more weeks David and I will have to add to our usual route because we are moving through our current route faster.  And today I had a big happy moment.  I realized I am running (well not really running) up and down stairs and am less winded.  I'm not having to take time to catch my breath before taking a call or have a conversation.  This is a big thing for me because I'm always going up and down the stairs at work.  I may not feel like I've lost pounds or inches, but I'm feeling better in general and I'm going to take that and feel good about it.  David has been great these three weeks, and I'm looking forward to more weeks of continued improvement with him.  It can only get better.  That round of golf is totally within reach next year.  I have priorities! ;)

~Emily

1 comment:

David said...

I can definitely see changes in you honey, so not to worry. It's gonna take time; a lot of time. :) But we're not in a hurry. As with most things in life, patience is the key.

We're doing great. When I think back over the past three weeks, we have made a ton of changes in our routine; more than I thought possible. So all we have to do is keep it up.

One day at a time. /hugs