Friday, November 23, 2012

Day 5-Jamestowne Settlement

Sorry in advance for so few pictures.  My cold is kind of bringing me down a bit and I'm trying to conserve energy.  What I'm saying is, if I had to pick between energy for walking around and energy for taking pictures I picked walking.  Here are a few pictures from the Jamestowne Settlement.

A photo of the Powhatan Indian Village (there were LOTS of crazy kids running around so we continued onward)

The Susan Constant, one of three replica ships they had.  Also full of unattended brats, I mean kids.  (can you see the cold kicking in?)

The Godspeed (I did not get a picture of the the third ship, the Discovery because the lighting was bad and it was also very crowded)

The back end of Susan Constant

You could actually walk on a little ledge around the back of the ship, this picture shows the door.

Parts

I wished there was a cannon here, that they would fire just to scare people.

Crow's nest?  Is that what it's called?

An anchor

One of the buildings in James Fort (again, kids, crowded, no tolerance)

Another building

This is bound to get those damn kids off the lawn...

The business end

Leaving James Fort

I expected to see naughty children tethered to this.  That would have been cool!

No comments: