Thursday, August 14, 2008

Possible New Addiction

Well, either that or maybe a branch off a previous addiction.  I am a huge fan of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series, and very sad to see it end (even if it was time).  During the last few weeks I I started watching the spinoff series, Angel.  I had trouble getting into it when the show was on prime time, but I'm enjoying it now in the mornings on TNT.  Maybe watching the two shows at once was too much of a good thing (although I would have never thought that possible) or maybe I wasn't ready to divide my love and affection between the two shows.  At any rate, it is like I have discovered a gem.  I find myself getting ready for work at the last minute possible just so I can watch as much of the second episode as possible.  I have missed Joss Whedon's characters, and the writing.  I loved the cheesy, witty, punny (master-bater, tee hee) dialog.  The musical episode, "Once More With Feeling" is one of my favorites.   I hope Joss is busy somewhere cooking up his next project.  I haven't heard much from his camp.  I will patiently wait.  At least I have Angel, and Buffy DVD's to amuse me until then.  (I'm soooo lucky David puts up with my strange addictions!)

~Emily

1 comment:

David said...

Emily isn't the only addict. I, too, am a big fan of Buffydom and, having watched a few Angel episodes myself, I have to admit that I like it as well. I even offered to by my sweetie the DVDs; the offer is still extant.

There are worse things to which one can be addicted (much worse). I'm pretty lucky that my Emily, while a bit strange and unusual, is, well, mostly normal. :)

Peace.

~David