Friday, December 3, 2010

At Last-Friday!

This week has been just, crazy.  Work has been crazy busy-and building up to be even more so in the coming weeks.  David is in California.  And I think I'm fighting with my sinuses.  But, as of 4:30 today (no offense to my boss of course-who is going to be really busy this weekend) things started to look up.  I get to climb into my sleek sexy car and come home.  I have all the ingredients I needed to make Pasties, a favorite of David's.  I get to see one of my friends this weekend and we are going to eat cookies, drink mochas and make cards.  There is a chance we might try to glitter the cat-I bet if we did that and caught it all on video it would be a bigger hit that Mariah Carey's Glitter movie (don't worry David-puppy is safe, I'm just kidding). And-the best thing of all... ask I write this entry David is on the plane headed home!!  In a few hours, the balance in my world will be restored, and I think I'm going to sleep like the dead tonight.  This weekend rocks already!

~Emily

4 comments:

Angie said...

It strikes me as funny if you thought you were going to watch Mariah Carey's Glitter and you actually started watching a glittered cat.

Mmm, pasties, I've never had one but I've read about them in Neil Gaiman books. They sound very good. You will have to tell me later, do you put meat and potatoes inside them?

Emily said...

I'm giggling about what I think a glittered cat would be doing. I can totally see the look of hate the cat would be spreading around. *giggle*

Pasties are lovely-and they freeze nicely, so they make for some quick and easy cold night meals. The pasties I make for David have flank steak, potato and rutabaga (or turnip, if the rutabaga are sucky). I have a system down now, I can knock a batch out pretty quick-when I don't fillet my finger :S

Angie said...

Do you buy the crust?
Do u cook before u freeze?

Emily said...

I make the crust, and I bake them before I freeze them :)