Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Start of Our Vacation

First I apologize for typos, I am posting from my iPhone and I have sausage fingers.
So we were sitting at our terminal waiting for our flight when this guy dressed in funky colored sweats, a cowboy hat and Elvis sunglasses came up and sat at a table across from us. There was something familiar about this guy.
He settled in and took off his glasses and hat and that is when it clicked. I leaned over to David and said I'm writing you a note on my phone about that guy. I started typing "I think that guy is..." and David whispered "I think it is Billy Ray!" It was indeed Billy Ray Cyrus. I have had his damn song stuck in my head all *ALL* day!
It was amusing watching people walk by and do double takes. A few people asked for autographs, most just kind of stopped for a minute and then hurried off whispering to their friend about the sighting. We opted not to bother him, as we aren't really fans and it wouldn't be nice to say something like "Thanks for brining one of the most irratiting songs in the world to life!" It didn't stop me from giggling.
Before he left, or we left, he actully came over and asked us if we would watch his luggage so he could go around the corner and get a drink and use the facilities. Of course we did, we may not be fans but we aren't rude. He went and came back, thanked us and went on his achey breaky way.
At the baggage claim in California some strange woman came up and asked me if I watched a guys bag at the airport. I told her yeah, and she was all "you know who that was don't you!?" All I could do was say yeah and walk away. It was only Miley's dad, geez.
Here is the pic David snapped on the down low:

~Emily
Edited 6-26-09 to clean up because I am too much of a spaz to make it do what I want when publishing from my iPhone.

1 comment:

Tami said...

That is awesome! Hahha I am glad you two are having a good time. I miss you soooooososoosososoooooo much :( It's only Tuesday, and I feel like I haven't seen you in a year :(

Much love! Y'all be super safe and have a ton of fun. I'll be waiting to hear all about it when you come back. :)