Friday, October 3, 2008

I Love October

I love this month for several reasons.  This is the month that starts feeling like fall.  Fall is my favorite time of year.  This is the month that the pumpkin patch is the weekend destination.  We have a local favorite, Bauman Farms, that we visit at least once between October and November.  This is also the month when the rain starts.  The sun and the heat do have their place, but I am a gray, rainy day kind of gal and I'm looking forward to that weather.  This is also the month David and I got married.  This year we have a cozy beach escape planned for our anniversary and I'm looking forward to it.  Two weeks from now we are going to be sitting in our room with a fire and listening to the sound of the ocean.  I can't wait.  It's been a strange sort of year, and the last few month have felt really long and draining.  I'm looking forward to some breathing room and down time and that always seems to come about this time of year.  Hopefully there will be some pumpkin patch stories one of these weekends soon!

~Emily

No comments: