Sunday, September 28, 2008

Accomplished

Last week was a long rough week.  It seriously felt, for me, like one long never ending day.  I'm sure next week is going to be more of the same.  You see, we are short staffed at the moment.   This will change next week as well.  We have been short an attorney, and a paralegal.  I've been doing my job (legal assistant) and the paralegal job.  The firm is looking for a paralegal, but no good apps have come in yet.  We did hire a new attorney.  This is good and alarming.  A new attorney means more work, but a new attorney also means I'll be doing less in the drafting of documents I am unfamiliar with.  It's been a period of change, and I'm hoping it's going to get better.  But that's not why I'm posting.

Despite being dog tired, and concerned about coming down with a cold, we managed to get some things done around the house that we've needed to do.  It's nice to feel like I got something done, and like I got some rest.  Now if only I could have one more day... the weekends go by too fast. :(

~Emily

No comments: