Saturday, February 8, 2014

February Snow 2014

2014 has brought with it some really freaking strange weather.  We had snow in the middle of the week, it came down most of the day but it didn't stick.  Then Thursday more came down, but this time it started to stick.  I left work early, and it was a good thing because there were some cars sliding around and even I lost traction a few times which of course had me freaked out and shaking like crazy by the time I pulled in to the garage.  The snow continued Friday, I got a snow day so I didn't have to go out there.  And now here it is Saturday and it is still snowing.  In fact it started snowing harder after I took these pics.  David is out at the store right now getting some essentials (you know, bread, milk, beer).  I will be much happier when he's back home with me watching the olympics.  Here are some snow pics!  Maybe more to come later.  

Fat Robin-our local angry bird


This is our humming bird that has claimed the three feeders we have in the back yard.  He chases all the others away.  He chirps angrily at us when we got outside.  We call him Asshole.  (He deserves it)

David's workshop

A shot of the backyard

Look at that pile on the bird bath!

I'm totally not walking out there.

Icicles!  They are melting/dripping but we have some!  (those icicles have been known to kill people)

The driveway.

Poor little shrub...

A closer pic of snow on the fence.

A tree in the front yard, I just thought it was pretty.

No comments: