Monday, March 25, 2013

Goals

Life has this way of throwing curve balls at you.  One of my survival instincts is to take those situations and find the positives.  I don't do well with bad news, I tend to shut down.  I don't like shutting down, so I have adapted.  Anyway, it is time to make some life changes and to help me stay focused and on track I'm making a list of long term and short term goals/things to look forward to.  Ultimately the main goal is getting healthy and staying healthy, and being the support for my husband to do the same.  We are responsible for our own heath, but if we are both striving towards the same goal our chances of success are much better.  Now for the icing on the cake:

Short/medium term: (changes I'll start seeing after a month and onward)
  • bye bye shortness of breath
  • dropping down sizes and being able to purge some clothes to make room for shoes
  • more energy
  • sleeping better (hopefully snoring less)
  • feeling better about myself, dressing better, maybe actually feeling more girly
  • more tattoos (always)

Long term: (things to aim/look forward to)
  • walking into a store like Nordstroms and being able to buy a suit (with alterations of course, I'm short and will always be curvy)
  • being able to buy clothes off the rack in a store that is not Lane Bryant
  • possibly being able to fit into some naughty boots
  • back and knee pain less of an issue because they hurt less because I'm not a lazy lump
  • fitting more comfortably into airplane seats (seeing more of the world with David would be awesome)
  • fitting more comfortably into venue seats (concerts, and more importantly a Canucks game!)
  • more locations for tattoos (less self-conscience about body)
  • Steampunk outfit (need I say more?)
Well, that's a start.  I'm sure I'll think of more.  

3 comments:

David said...

Steampunk... *rowl*! :D

Mel :) said...

I like your goals--most of mine are the same! :) I fully support your healthy endeavors. <3

Emily said...

<3!