Saturday, October 24, 2009

Bend Weekend!

So for our anniversary we decided to go down to Bend.  We came here maybe a  year ago now when I had to go to a work retreat.  We didn't get to sight see as much as we wanted so we felt cheated.  This was our weekend to make up for that.

The drive down Friday was lovely.  We didn't get up early, we slept in and enjoyed stress-free packing and leaving when we were good and ready.  It was raining, so we didn't stop and snap any pics on the way down, which is a shame.  The fall colors were just stunning.  This really is my favorite time of year.  By the time we made it to the McMenamins in Bend the rain had stopped.  We had a nice lunch while we waited for our room to be ready.  

The room is very calming.  If it only had wi-fi... and maybe a little more light, it would be perfect.  I'll post some pics of the art from the room when I'm home with my own wi-fi.  I'm currently lounging in the pub enjoying a nice Irish Stout (pardon any beer typos!).

Today, Saturday, we went to the High Desert Museum.  We ended up spending serveral hours here.  So many cute animals and things to look at, the time flew by.  We saw all kinds of plants, birds and cute lil furry beasties.  I'll post pictures from the museum once we are home as well, but for now let me tease you with this picture of Thomas the otter:


We intended to go to Crater Lake next but the day really got away from us and the drive was longer than we remembered.  That just means we will have to come back again after the snow and hit Crater Lake first. :)

Tomorrow we head back home.  Hopefully the weather will be cool and clear so we can get some pretty pictures of the drive home.  I hope my two whole readers are doing well!  More to come in the next few days!

~Emily

No comments: