Saturday, September 12, 2009

Cape Meares

After the Tillamook Cheese Factory we continued North up the coast. I never get tired of the ocean, it is different every time you look at it. I love that is it never the same ocean.





We stopped at Cape Meares. Here, you can stop and see the Octopus Tree (see my next post) or you can visit the Cape Meares Lighthouse (photo coming). I liked these trees. It made me think of one of the many wooded scenes in the movie Twilight.




I like to call this moss/lichen stuff Oregon snow. It is everywhere!






It was fun to come here with Oran and Judy. It was their first visit to Cape Meares.






And here is the Cape Meares Lighthouse, Oregon's shortest Lighthouse. For more fun facts check out the official website.










Another pretty Oregon coast picture.







There were nice information signs along the trail, I had to take a picture of Oran because he took time to read each one along the way. He probably knows more about the area than I do! I like to skim and move on to the next view.








I told David I'd be good and let him take a picture.











Ralph, Mom and Dad waiting for people to catch up.







David let me take a picture of him. :)







More Oregon coast.







Sara, being cute!







The trail around the lighthouse was nicely paved and pretty well maintained. It was a nice walk!






Wood is neat!

No comments: