Monday, July 21, 2014

Just Us Girls

When David has to go out of town (which thankfully is not very often) Puppy has a series of feelings I imagine she goes though.  I am a crazy cat lady.

She looks for him in the evenings.  David works from home and is in the house with her during the day.  She'll never admit it, but she likes having him around.  When he's not here she paces, and looks like she is waiting for him to appear.  Then she determines he's not coming back and she gets clingy.  Any time I'm sitting down she has to be on my lap.  But it's the on my lap off my lap, on my lap off my lap, just enough to make it hard to do anything.  Then I get this:


I feel this is the "what did you do to David" face.   She starts getting pissy with me, and glares at me.  This isn't unusual.  She goes from cute and loving to bitey and mean in the blink of an eye.  It's just more fun to be creative with her moods and what they mean when David is away.

This is just a short trip.  David will be home to us in no time and life will be back to normal. 

No comments: