Monday, April 28, 2014

One Sleep Down

Our cute little snozbot

Sometimes David has to travel for work.  We've been lucky that he hasn't had to for a while, but he had to go out of town for four sleeps.  Riley and I do not play bachelorette very well.  I get restless and wander aimlessly around the house.  Sometimes I put stuff away or push the vacuum around with a vacant stare and maybe a trail of drool.  All I want to do is sleep until David returns, but the funny thing is I can't seem to sleep.  Riley, on the other hand, sleeps enough for the both of us.  She spent last night snoring on Davids footstool.  When I went up to flop about in bed hoping for sleep she came up and crawled into her little cat bed and proceeded to snore.  All.  Night.  

We survived the day, mostly.  There was some poop that had to be picked up, and somebody was very upset that I had cleaned up her poop-stash.  There was some hissing, and glaring.  So I figure I'd vacuum while she's already pissed.  Yeah.  There was more hissing and I may or may not have been given the evil eye.  Despite that, we have recovered, she has stopped glaring and hissing and is currently passed out (and snoring) on David's footstool.  I think we will both feel better when David comes home.  Three more sleeps.

No comments: