Monday, May 14, 2012

Last Weeks Meh

I have just been so uninspired lately.  The sun is out and my allergies are taking hold.  Yes, I am a joy to be around.  I've wanted to write, but nothing would come out.  About all I've been good for is Facebook games and staring at the TV.  Both things I excel at.  Today I'm trying to shake some of the fuzz out and plug into life.  We'll see how it goes.  Hmm, what else can I tell you...


This time of year is not my favorite.  First of all, I am not a sun worshiper.  I prefer the cold, grey, rainy weather.  We are entering the sun phase of the year and I am dreading dreading dreading it.  Also being a plus size gal and hot don't really make for a happy paring either.  I just feel meh.  But, on the positive side it has been nice to see the birds at play and the colors come alive.

Western Screech Owl
Photo from www.columbiariverimages.com
I also am moving forward on my next tattoo!  I am pretty jazzed about it.  I love the Western Screech Owl (see picture) and I want on on my upper arm.  We also had the opportunity to meet one at the High Desert Museum in Bend when we were there last and I just fell in love with him.  I think he needs to be in a some native to Oregon tree.  He's a smaller owl, which I like.  He doesn't have huge feather horns, and he generally looks a little grumpy-just like me!  I like that he is light in color because it really makes his eyes stand out.  I love owls!  Now, I just need to talk with the awesome Alena Chun and get planning!

Vancouver Canucks mascot-Fin
biting the head of Vancouver's Mayor.
I totally want Fin to bite my head!
A couple of nights ago I had this really strange dream I was trying to escape from an Orca in a flooded grocery store.  Obviously it had to be flooded so the Orca had a way to get around, right?  I was running around on the very top of the shelves in the isle trying to stay away from the Orca.  This is not the first time I have had this dream.  This time it was different because instead of an actual Orca I was being chased by Fin, the Vancouver Canucks mascot.  Not like he is in the picture, his head yes, but he was like a huge Orca plushie chasing me.  In the first dream I was feeding people I didn't like to the real Orca (very satisfying!) but not in the dream the second time around.  It was just very strange to be terrified of Fin.  I guess my brain at night is just a scary place.

2 comments:

Mel :) said...

LOL!!! I love your random posts! ;) I just hate spring in general. It's a pretty crappy time now that I have allergies too. Where the hell did these adult allergies come from anyway??! I am excited to see what Alena and you come up with for your owl tattoo. The screech owl is awfully cute! ;)

Emily said...

The allergies make me miss living on the coast-at least for a little while! I'm excited about the future tattoo too-I'll keep you posted! :)