Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What Does it Say About a Person...

when they are talking "dirty" to their dog?  Seriously.

So I get that to some people (probably lots of people), their pets are like their kids.  Not having any (kids) myself our cat has sort of filled that void (poor cat-she pleads for help daily).  What I saw today surpasses that and in my (crazy) opinion well crosses any sort of line in the human/pet relationship.

I was loading my groceries into my trunk this afternoon when I witnessed human/pet behavior that I just can't understand.  A woman came dashing from the store to her car.  She seemed to be empty handed.  She went first to the passenger side of the car and started talking to the dog sitting in the front seat.  It was a mangy nappy looking little thing, and I apologize but I have an extreme dislike for smallish yappy little doge that look like they are dirty nappy rugs.  She was saying things like "I'm here baby, I'm here my big boy."  This dog was not a big dog.  "We are gonna go home soon and you can give it to me big boy."  She was talking to this dog the same way some people come on to a member of the opposite sex.  It was really creepy.  Those are things I just don't think a woman should say to her dog, in any context.  Meanwhile the dog is totally freaking out and has probably peed with glee all over the passenger side of the car.  She went around to the driver side and got in, the dog got in her lap and she let it lick her mouth.  I had to get in my car and leave before I vomited in the parking lot.  I wasn't the only person who was close enough to hear that all.  I can't imagine talking to anyone or anything like that in a public place.  A small part of me died having seen that display.  I have to go take a shower now and wash off the creepy cooties. :(

~Emily

1 comment:

Tami said...

Come here fido! Come nail me you big beast! You love giving me sloppy kisses don't you, you naughty boy.


WOW... I hate people...

(I don't wanna know where the peanut butter goes on that one :/)