Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Today's Thought

Is it still called "walking the dog" if you are carrying the dog?

As I'm driving into work today I see an elderly couple walking down the street.  The elderly woman is holding the elderly man's arm.  In his other arm is a sturdy little weiner dog.  The little dog is adorable, sometimes he has a little plaid jacket on.  He always has a harness and a leash on.  The elderly man is always carrying him.  So there are a few thoughts I have about this.

1.  The elderly man has stolen the elderly woman's little dog and is trying to carry it away.  She is trying to stop him.

2.  The dog is actually the oldest of the group and in order for it to do anything but lay in one spot it must be carried.

3.  The dog is really a hand bag.

In all seriousness I think it's pretty sweet.  I hope that someday when I'm elderly I am able to walk with David while he carries puppy (becuase she needs to live a really really long time too).

~Emily

1 comment:

Sara said...

hee hee, great post ;)